Friday, December 7, 2012

Leading a Tour Through Peru with EF



My trip to Peru was a different sort of trip than I have ever been on before on many different levels. The first being that I had been planning it for almost a year. I'm not much of a long range planner when it comes to travel or anything else for that matter.  I was also in charge of a group of eight other adults, and it made me very nervous. The nerves soon subsided though because everyone showed up to the meeting location on time and ready to go. Everyone was in good spirits and got along beautifully.





After a day of travel, we met Victor, our guide for the duration of the trip. It was getting late, so instead of waiting for the other group to get to the airport, we loaded our luggage into the bus and headed to the hotel. Driving through Lima I was hit with the overwhelming feeling that I felt at home. I had never been to South America before, so it came as a surprise that nothing surprised me about the city. I suddenly had the thought: Am I growing too accustomed to the travel life? Is that even possible? 
I wasn't "wowed" like the rest of the group seeing a McDonalds or a man juggling flaming sticks of fire in the middle of the street at red lights. It all seemed quite normal, and it made me smile. While I would be spending the bulk of my time with others, this trip would be very much an introspective one.  We continued driving toward the coast up and down the winding road past the ocean. It felt peaceful and dangerous at the same time. It was perfect.



To find out more about the amazing trip to the Land of the Incas visit: EFtours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment