Saturday, July 13, 2013

Notes from Amsterdam: Fred the Cheese Man

This post is taken from my other, mostly unknown blog Amsterdowd. I met Fred my first week in Amsterdam, and he remains one of the highlights of my time there. 

The first time I went to see him he gave me a little Amsterdam house on a key chain. He told me it was my first house in Amsterdam.

The second time I saw him he gave me a small wheel of young cheese to share with my class. I didn't share it with my students; I used it for cooking instead.

The third time I saw him. This is what he told me...

Advice from Fred:

The first thing you need to know about your boyfriend is that he needs to be good in the garden, a good cook, and have a good job.

The second thing you need to know about your boyfriend is that he is there to support you when you need it.

The third thing you need to know about your boyfriend is that he should make you laugh.

The fourth thing you need to know about your boyfriend is that he should be good in bed.

And the fifth thing you need to know is not to tell your boyfriend about the other four guys.

Then he gave me some free Camembert to share with my girlfriends.

If you happen to visit Nieuwmarkt Square during the week, be sure to stop by and see Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment