Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wrapping it all up

After the wonderful time at Hamilton Island, the trip was coming to an end, but not before ringing in the new year. It is off to the Sunshine Coast this time to be one of the first in the world to celebrate 2010. I made some new friends, went on a boat ride, saw and island that belongs to Mr. Branson (he owns an airline and lots of other things), and spent some more time relaxing. I also had Indian food for the first time. I know that is completely random, but the Punjabi Palace was quite nice.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Australia Zoo (Crikey it's Steve Erwin's zoo) but I did get to see 3 museums in Brisbane. At the modern art museum, there was a huge stuffed raindeer (when I say stuffed I mean that it was once alive, and now is a stuffed version of himself) covered in glass spheres. It was amazing.


Some questions and connections...

When it is 30 degrees celcius, what is the temperature in farenheit?
What is the population of Brisbane? Sydney?
If it is 9:00 a.m. in Kissimmee, what time will it be in Sydney?
What time in Brisbane?
If you could do just one of the things that Ms. Dowd did on her trip what would it be and why?
If a Red Kangaroo is 6 feet tall, how many centimeters tall is it?
How many kilometers are in a mile?
What are some of the problems that the Great Barrier Reef is having?

What are some questions that you have?

When I left to come back to the states, I left at 7:00 a.m. from Brisbane. I got to Sydney at 9:30 but it was only a 1 and a half hour flight. How do you explain that?
When I left Sydney it was 10:30 a.m., but I got to Los Angeles at 6 a.m. on the same day! I went back in time! How was I able to do that?
When I left Los Angeles it was 10:30 a.m. again and I got into Orlando at 6:00 p.m. but the flight was only just over 4 hours. This is all very confusing; can you figure it out?


I'm back in Orlando now, and it is very cold. I wish I was still in the summer sun of Australia, but I am very happy to see my class again.

2 comments:

  1. The population would be for sydney is 4.4 million people for brisbane is 1.85 million

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be 8.00 pm in sydney if it was 9.00am in kissimee

    ReplyDelete