Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Didn't I just get home?

It feels like I just got off the plane from Tanzania, but it has been at least three months now, and I have the travel bug again. I am so excited because my next adventure is Spain, Madrid and Barcelona to be specific. I will soon be meeting my sister Jess in Newark, NJ so we can hop the pond to Europe.

I have been slowly getting myself ready by making sure I have enough sweaters to wear, while my sister, currently living in Boston will be wearing short sleeves. Journey Bear is also getting ready. He has a snazzy new outfit and a Thanksgiving shirt for the big festivities.

I still haven't made any solid plans for what I am going to see while I am in Madrid. Any suggestions? What cities are close by where we can take a day trip? (I'm hoping my students will do some research and let me know)

1 comment:

  1. We took a day trip to Toledo. El Greco's home it was an intereting city. Took a bus from Madrid about 50 minutes.
    Another day trip to Avilla and Segovia. Unbelivable places filled with history, castles with motes and aquaducts. Kate can fill you in.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete