Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Have Arrived

I am in Spain, Madrid to be specific, and I am quite sick. Before I get to that, let me backtrack to Orlando. My flight was delayed over 2 hours, and I only was scheduled to have a 2 and a half hour lay over in Newark so I was going to have to run to my gate upon arrival. As it turned out, most of the plane had close connections, so it became a bit of a battle to get off. As luck would have it, my gate was right next door, and Jess was waiting for me. The plane hadn't arrived yet, and as we came to find out, we were delayed about an hour. Meanwhile, I am becoming sicker and sicker and my ears feel like they are going to explode. The flight to Madrid was a bit of a bear; lots of turbulance and totally uncomfortable.

Because of this, I did what I don't usually do when I get to a new place. We took a cab directly to our hotel, checked in, and took a nap. I felt pretty awful, but I figured if I could get a couple hours in before we meet up with Kate (my other sister) then I may start to feel better.

Time for me to finish getting ready for our dinner tonight. I'm not sure what we are doing, but Kate is supposed to get in from Grenada or some place, and tomorrow who knows.  Wish me luck, and let me know if you have any remedies for this terrible cold!

1 comment:

  1. I recommend Emergency and or a bit of Spanish whiskey and lemon! Get out in the sun! Hope you're better soon etc. I want lots of stories, pictures and fun talk when you get back...not SICK. :)

    ReplyDelete