Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baffling Bulgaria

My paper is published in this book!

I have arrived in Bulgaria, Sofia to be specific, but all I can think about is the presentation that I have to give the next day. I still had some work do, so mom and I stayed in for the night and ordered room service.

Presenting :)
The next morning bright and early I got myself ready (as much as I could be) and headed to hall 1 to sit through a presentation before it was my turn. The room was full, but I got through it successfully and everyone seemed interested. That was a big relief, now I could enjoy the city. After listening to a couple other presentations and some lunch, mom and I decided that we deserved a break. Before I could do anything though I needed a nap, so that is exactly what I did.

St. George Church and ruins of a former bath house


Changing of the guard
After the nap it was time for the walking tour or Sofia. This was another free tour like the one we did in Bucharest. Unfortunately, the two hours turned into three and it was beginning to feel a bit like Gilligan's Island. I would love to be able to tell you about all of the lovely Bulgarian history, however, I don't really remember any of what our nice tour guide spoke about, but there were some really nice churches. I do remember that they have had all sorts of different types of government since their beginnings a very very long time ago. I guess the stress of the day got to me.

A very important Bulgarian church.

No comments:

Post a Comment