Friday, April 25, 2014

Why I Travel

Aberystwyth, Wales

Over the past few years, many people have said to me that they are living vicariously through my experiences. At first I took that as a compliment, but then I began to wonder why they didn't do these things themselves. It got me thinking about why I travel, why I put myself into some of the ridiculous and sometimes reckless or dangerous situations that I do, why every time I get on a plane I wonder why I am doing this again when I could be nice and cozy at home and not flying through the clouds in a speeding tin can. I do it for a lot of reasons, and while there are about a million reasons to get in the way and cause me not to go. Here are the reasons I keep coming back to that keep me going.

I travel because the more places I go, the more I realize how small I am.
The more places I see, I realize how much I have yet to see.
The more blunders I have, the more I learn about myself and the world.
The more I am unable to communicate, the more I find new ways and become able.

The world has so much to offer, and the more I travel, the more me I discover.
I become a better person, a more motivated one.
My perspective is altered, and I am uncomfortable.
Because it is when we are uncomfortable that we learn the most.
I travel because it scares me, but it's good to be scared once in a while.

Travel is a priority; I make time for it.
Travel makes me feel alive, and when I come home from a trip, I plunge into my own life more deeply. I take some of the new place back with me, and I become more interesting.

For me,
Travel is not a thing to do, and it is not a vacation; it's part of who I am.


Something a little different, short and sweet to kick off your weekend. Enjoy, and I'll see you on Monday when I reveal how I have been able to go to so many different places for very little money!






No comments:

Post a Comment