Monday, March 23, 2015

Choosing a Path

This weekend I found myself in Amsterdam again after being away for over a year and a half. I have been here since Saturday, and I have not done any of the normal tourist route. Instead, I have caught up with friends, shared meals, and felt the love from my international community surrounded by a beautiful city. It also helped that the sun was out.

Some themes emerged over the past couple of days that have resonated with my decisions over the past couple of years and most recently planing my trip to India...


Being honest with myself (even if it's not what I want to hear)

Following the path of my passion (figuring out what that passion is)

Determining what it is that I want most in life (and then finding a way to fulfill it)



And some hard questions...


Does postponing the next step in life assist in cementing the decision itself?

Is it better to jump first and ask questions later?

How much of what we choose to do is motivated by fear?

Are we allowing others to make our decisions for us?

                                                                                                   
                                                                               ...questions with no easy answers.



Our choices define who we are. So even if it's the more arduous path, one that is not paved and well lit, I'm going to take it because I would rather fail forward than never move forward at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment