Friday, March 13, 2015

This Blog has an Identity Crisis

It's true! This little blog of mine has been through so many changes since I started writing it about six years ago. It started out as a way to communicate and share my love of travel with my students while I was in Australia. Since then it has morphed into a vessel for story telling, recommendations, life updates, and various other ways to comment on the where and when of my life. One thing has stayed constant, however, and that is travel.

Keeping with that idea and the roller coaster like history of this communication tool, I am changing it again. This time, I will be sharing the ups and downs, ins and outs of my experteer** trip to India.

What's the big change? I'm not sure yet. In the immediate future I'll be sharing my journey to get to India including things like vaccinations, visas, and the project planning process. When I get there I hope to share successes, challenges, and local life. If nothing else, it will be a way to document a process in progress.

And that process begins now... join me!




**Experteer is a word used by Moving Worlds to go beyond volunteering or in many cases voluntourism. Experteer is a combination of expert and volunteer. I will be pairing my knowledge and experience in education as a volunteer. It's so simple, and yet it has the potential to be a very powerful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment