Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome 2014

If you read my last post, and I think you should, I had an exciting year. But what I realized is that it was Erin-centric. I spent a lot of time thinking about myself and what I needed and wanted in my life. It was necessary though because I had to find some level of peace within myself before I could start thinking about what to do outside of myself. Now that I have made some major life adjustments, I am ready to move to the next level.

The new year is a time for resolutions for some, goals for others. Some people jump on wagons, others fall off. What I want it to be about is how to continue to make my life (and the lives of others) more amazing than it currently is. I have a plan, and it's a big one, but I need your help. One of my new year's goals is to crowd fund a volunteer trip. This will not just be any volunteer trip. It will be a volunteer experience that will last at least 2 months, and the trip itself will just be the beginning. I want to create a lasting impact. Much more information coming soon! So if you have ever crowd funded or know anything about it, I want to hear from you. Tips? Experiences? I want to learn it all!

Another goal for 2014 is to be more consistent with this blog. So, I'm going to try really hard to post twice a week: every Monday and Friday. It's a huge goal for me, but I'm feeling up to the challenge and ready to write! My plan is to focus my Monday post on humanitarian interests including the awesome people I know who work super hard to make this planet a better place. I will also be documenting my volunteering journey for all to see. My Friday posts will focus on the stories that come from travel. I think one of the greatest things about traveling is the people I meet and the connections I make along the way. So I am going to share those moments with all of you.

Finally, in addition to my blog I am going to continue some other types of writing. I am in the process of editing my first children's chapter book, and I want to see where it takes me. I have been discouraged by what I have seen happening to education in the U.S., and this book is my way of making my voice heard in a fun way.

I'm incredibly excited to welcome the new year, and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead. 

I wish everyone the best for 2014. Be daring, and do something unexpected.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment