Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Exhausted!

We have arrived in Bucharest, Romania and are sitting in our lovely hotel room at the Hotel Rembrandt complete with free internet, TV/ DVD player, and not a mini bar but a mini box. It is all very exciting. There is even an elevator that only one person can fit in at a time. Mom and I had to take turns. I am jumping ahead though so many things happened before I arrived.

It all started about fifteen minutes before our driver was scheduled to arrive. Well, he was fifteen minutes early and that threw me off a bit. Even more so, I went upstairs for a minute and when I walked out of my room, I heard the song "Leaving on a Jet Plane" blaring with no one around. My sister Kate has quite the sense of humor. I then quickly grabbed all of my luggage (or so I thought) and went out to the car to start this most ridiculous journey. Everything was going great and we were almost to the airport when I realized that I hadn't grabbed my phone. This would normally not be much of a problem, but it is an iphone and does everything.  Turns out, I left it sitting on the couch and forgot to pack it in with my things. Oh well at least I have my laptop. While all of this was going on and mom and I were in line to check in, a pigeon was flying around. I found this to be quite funny, but mom however, did not. Then lots of time went by and a couple of flights later with no sleep I am here in Bucharest, Romania. Mom is working on finding things to do and arranging transportation while I am fighting my sleepyness and writing this blog.

Tomorrow we will explore the city. I wonder what we will find?

No comments:

Post a Comment