Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Do Chickens get Mosquito Bites?

Before I start the continuation of my last blog post, I must pose the question:

Do chickens get mosquito bites?

The reason why this question is so important to me is because I have been diligent with my bug spray with deet amounts that could kill a small animal and my mosquito net (which I have grown very fond of). Chickens, on the other hand run in standing, stagnant water with seemingly no problems at all. If anyone can find the answer to this puzzling question I would really appreciate it.

Another note of fun, I saw a man chase a goat all over the place today. So picture this: goat making very loud goat noise and running, stopping to look at man, and running again. Man very annoyed running after goat across the busiest road in town. Then there is me watching all of this happen and openly laughing while walking home from "work."

Ah you have to love a place like this!

4 comments:

  1. In response to Do Chickens get mosquito bites?
    In addition to humans, female mosquitoes will feed on cattle, horses, goats, all types of birds including chickens, and wild animals including deer, rabbits, snakes, lizards, frogs, and toads. Male mosquitoes never bite.
    Just want to keep you informed. Its the least I can do. Pizza last Sunday. delicious!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you are inquiring, I don't know as much as your mom (she is brilliant on the mosquito thing)....but I am wondering about her telling you she had pizza. I guess she opened that door, so I will tell you we are probably having it today.

    So, Erin and/or Erin"sMom, how do we continually get seedless grapes if there are no seeds?

    Miss you and note there is nothing about work. Just got back from MIami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thak goodness for the internet. It turns out that most fruits today do not come from seeds. They come from cuttings instead. This is true of grapes, blueberries, apples, cherries, etc. (pretty much all fruits except citrus. I'm sure Erin has a much more exciting life than I do at the moment so I will do the research. Just watching Friday night tv waiting to board my ship to Bermuda on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Bermuda! Such a traveling bunch! Thanks for finding out about the grapes. Amazing world.

    ReplyDelete