Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SO SICK!!!

I knew it would probably happen at some point, but it doesn't make it any easier when it does happen. I got sick. Very sick. Luckily, I was home from Zanzibar and in the somewhat comfort of my room at CCS. I will not describe the details of this problem, but just know that it wasn't pretty.

The next morning I stood in the hallway waiting for someone to come out so I could relay a message to someone in charge. Madame Wemba was the first one down the hall. I told her my situation, and within a couple of hours, Didas came to my room with a silver tray of assorted drinks including 2 cokes and juice with fresh limes that he instructed me to squeeze into the juice. He said, "think of me like your mother." I found this incredibly funny, but so sweet. Throughout the day, various people came to check on the "sick dada" I felt very loved. They were all very concerned and wanted me to think about whether I should go to the hospital or not. I opted for not.

So here I am, on my birthday, in Tanzania, sick. Party plans have to be postponed for the moment because I am spending all of my energy trying to get better for the safari on Thursday.

Don't worry everyone I am feeling much better now, and the cipro worked like a charm. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Erin from the middle of the Atlantic to the east coast of Africa. We will be arriving in Bermuda tomorrow. We hope you are feeling better. I guess it was good you brought the med's with you. Rest up and enjoy your day as musch as you can.
    We love you.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete