Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas!

Christmas was actually yesterday, but with all of the food we were eating, there was just no time to blog. Let me backtrack to Christmas Eve. This was spent in Byron Bay. It is a cute little hippie beach town about an hour south of the Gold Coast. Kate, you would absolutely love it here.

All around there were people in their bathing suits and Santa hats enjoying a swim at the beach. The weather was perfect and the water a bit cold, but very blue. After a swim and a bit of sunburn on some spots that we missed with sunscreen (I have a hand print on my back) we headed to the most Easterly point in Australia.

More later...off to my Boxing Day BBQ

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    I miss you being here for Christmas, With the help of God I hope we can be together next Christmas.
    Love,
    Nana

    Hi Erin,
    Any good crossword puzzles in Australia? Miss you.
    Love,
    Aunt Ginny

    Hi Erin,
    Would you bring me back some Bundy (bear) rum?
    Jessica

    Hi Erin,
    Read you first couple of days down under.
    Would you bring me back some shrimp on the barbie. See you when you get back.
    Love,
    Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, my long lost having a great time in Australia friend!
    It's 2010! (for you). ours to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,
    I just (finally!) sat and read all of your blog entries and I'm so proud of you!! I'm thrilled that you're having such a great experience and the way you're sharing it ith your students is wonderful!
    Belated Merry Christmas and have a very Happy New Year!!
    Love,
    MaryPat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I am laughing at the comments of our relatives. Their voices come through strong and clear don't they? I like the image of people on the beach in their santa hats. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete